The disabled facilities grant is for people with disabilities or have difficulty maintaining their independence in their home.
We can fund essential adaptations to the property which could include stair lifts, level access showers and changes to access, enabling residents to remain independent for longer in their homes.
This grant was previously available through Winchester City Council but is now available through our in house occupational therapist, Lindsey Steel.
Residents can refer themselves directly to Lindsey.
If you are eligible for the grant our team will:
- Recommend the adaptations through an OT assessment.
- Liaise with a select with a group of approved contractors for a quote.
- Communicate with property owners, landlords etc. to gain permission for the adaptations.
- Employ the chosen contractor to complete the works.
- Authorise and manage payment for the works.
- Inspect the works once completed and be on hand to help throughout the process.
If you think you might be eligible or have any queries about this please do get in contact with us by:
Tel: 01962 848 455